Ancho-Sesame Triple-Chocolate Shake
Creator: Mary Shivers, OK
Adventure Ingredients: Black sesame seeds, Chili pepper (dried), Coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried ancho chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, ground in coffee grinder or with mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon Scharffen Berger Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 oz. Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 oz. Scharffenberger 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 mint sprigs
In a small saucepan heat milk over low heat until very hot, but do not boil.
Stir in crushed chili and ground sesame seeds.
Remove from heat. Stir for 1 minute.
Stir cocoa powder and sugar together in a deep medium bowl.
Strain milk mixture into cocoa mixture using a strainer. Whisk until smooth.
Add chopped chocolates, stirring until melted. Stir in coconut milk.
Chill for 15 minutes in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
In a blender, combine ice cream and chilled mixture. Blend until smooth.
Pour into tall chilled glasses.
Top each with a dollop of whipped cream. Add a mint sprig to each. Serve immediately.